Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 191) – Hong Kong Stream


This visa lets eligible Hong Kong or British National (Overseas) passport holders who have demonstrated commitment to Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.


You must:

  • Hold a Hong Kong passport or a British National (Overseas) passport
  • Have held an eligible visa at the time of your application – 457, 482 or 485 visa
  • Have lived in a designated regional area in Australia for a continuous period of 3 years
  • Have complied with previous visa conditions
  • Meet relevant character and health requirements

Length of Stay

The Subclass 191 – Hong Kong stream allows visa holders to remain in Australia permanently. The visa has a travel component that is only valid for 5 years from the date of the visa grant.


$4,115 – Main Applicant

Processing Times

Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:

  • whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
  • how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
  • how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
  • how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
  • how many places are available in the migration program

About this visa

The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191) – Hong Kong Stream is a permanent visa that lets you enter Australia to:

  • Work and study anywhere in Australia
  • Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence
  • If eligible, become an Australian citizen
  • Remain in Australia indefinitely
  • Travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date of the grant
  • Bring your immediate family members with you
  • Enrol in Australia’s public health system – Medicare


There are no conditions attached to the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191) – Hong Kong Stream visa.

Book a consultation today for a briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.