Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 191) – Hong Kong Stream
This visa lets eligible Hong Kong or British National (Overseas) passport holders who have demonstrated commitment to Australia, live and work in Australia permanently.
- Hold a Hong Kong passport or a British National (Overseas) passport
- Have held an eligible visa at the time of your application – 457, 482 or 485 visa
- Have lived in a designated regional area in Australia for a continuous period of 3 years
- Have complied with previous visa conditions
- Meet relevant character and health requirements
Length of Stay
The Subclass 191 – Hong Kong stream allows visa holders to remain in Australia permanently. The visa has a travel component that is only valid for 5 years from the date of the visa grant.
$4,115 – Main Applicant
Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- how many places are available in the migration program
About this visa
The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191) – Hong Kong Stream is a permanent visa that lets you enter Australia to:
- Work and study anywhere in Australia
- Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence
- If eligible, become an Australian citizen
- Remain in Australia indefinitely
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date of the grant
- Bring your immediate family members with you
- Enrol in Australia’s public health system – Medicare
There are no conditions attached to the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa (Subclass 191) – Hong Kong Stream visa.
Book a consultation today for a briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.