NZ Accredited Employer
What is the New Zealand Accredited Employer?
Are you constantly hiring overseas worker? By becoming a New Zealand Accredited Employer, hiring overseas employees will be a lot more streamlined. One of the benefits of becoming an Accredited Employer is that you do not have to complete the Labour Market Test. Once you are accredited, you do not have to prove that there are no suitable New Zealand citizen or permanent resident is available to fill the position. Other benefits include:
- Employees can apply for Talent Work Visa (Accredited Employer)
- Quicker and more streamlined process
- No advertising
- Residence pathway available for employees
- Work visa is prioritised
How to become an Accredited Employer?
To become an accredited employer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Financial Position – You must be in a sound financial position; and
- Human Resource – You must have human resource policies and processes which are of a high standard; and
- Training – You must have a demonstrable commitment to training and employing New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holders; and
- Work Practice – You must have good workplace practices, including a history of compliance with all immigration and employment New Zealand laws.
To determine the above criteria, the case officer will consider different factors such as:
- the period for which the employing organisation has been established as a going concern
- financial indicators such as revenue, profit and equity levels
- ability to sustain current and proposed employment
Human Resources Policies
- WorkSafe NZ or Labour Inspectorate findings
- sample employment agreements
- evidence of HR and health and safety policies and procedures
- whether the employer has engaged with the relevant Industry Training Organisation (ITO)
- evidence of training provided to staff who are New Zealand citizens or residents
- the proportion of the employer’s workforce who are New Zealand citizens or residents
- whether the employer has diversity policies and practices in place as outlined by Diversity Works NZ
- policies and processes the employer has put in place to ensure they remain compliant with immigration and employment legislation
- the extent of any non-compliance with immigration or employment legislation
How long does the Accreditation last?
The Accreditation is valid for 2 years. However, it can be renewed upon application.
What does Accreditation mean for visa applicants?
Your employee will be eligible to apply for the Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa. This visa will allow your employee to work for you for up to 30 months. If the employee works for you for 2 years, he/she can apply for residency in New Zealand.
You must provide your employee with a job offer, and the job offer must be:
- Full- time employment
- 2 years or more
- Salary – at least NZD $79,560 (before tax)
You can read more here.