Commissioned Fire Officer – ANZSCO 139112
- Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a fire service.
- Skill Level
- Fire Investigator
- Inspector (Fire Services)
Group: 1391 Commissioned Officers (Management)
- Provide high level management to support the running of organisational, geographical and operational units and sections within the defence forces and fire and police services.
- Establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation’s operating environment
- Making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- Establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- Representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- Controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- Controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- Preparing budgets and other management plans
- Preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 139111 Commissioned Defence Force Officer
- 139112 Commissioned Fire Officer
- 139113 Commissioned Police Officer
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.