Detective – ANZSCO 441311
- Detectives investigate serious crimes, such as terrorism, homicide, armed robbery, vice and arson, and gathers evidence to arrest and prosecute suspected offenders.
- Skill Level
- Detective Sergeant
- Plain Clothes Police Officer
Group: 4413 Police
- Protect and preserve property, public order and safety through the enforcement of laws.
- Investigating and prosecuting offences committed in areas such as organised, corporate and computer crime, environmental offences, drug trafficking, fraud, counterfeiting and terrorism
- Securing and examining scenes of crimes and accidents to locate and obtain evidence for analysis
- Protecting witnesses and investigating official corruption
- Maintaining public order and safety
- Patrolling assigned areas to minimise potential for public disturbance and crime
- Investigating accidents, crimes, minor offences and citizens’ complaints, gathering evidence, and pursuing, arresting and interviewing suspected offenders
- Testing persons suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and issuing infringement notices for traffic offences
- Directing and re-routing traffic at congested areas
- Attending community meetings and answering inquiries from the public where necessary
- Providing advice and assistance to victims of crime and their families
- Maintaining records and preparing reports
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 441311 Detective
- 441312 Police Officer
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.