Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers nec – ANZSCO 149999
- This occupation group covers Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Abattoir Manager
- Brothel Keeper
- Laundrette Owner
- Marina Manager
- Nursing Agency Manager
- Taxi Proprietor
- Weight Loss Centre Manager
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers Nec is Vocational Education and Training Assess (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma level WITH a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma level WITH an additional qualification at AQF Certificate IV in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- Business Management
- Retail Management
- Hospitality Management
Potential Visa Pathways for Hospitality, Retail and Service Manager Nec
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|149999||Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers Nec||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 1499 Other Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers
- This unit group covers Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers not elsewhere classified.
It includes Boarding Kennel or Cattery Operators, Cinema or Theatre Managers, Facilities Managers, Financial Institution Branch Managers and Equipment Hire Managers.
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 149911 Boarding Kennel or Cattery Operator
- 149912 Cinema or Theatre Manager
- 149913 Facilities Manager
- 149914 Financial Institution Branch Manager
- 149915 Equipment Hire Manager
- 149999 Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.