Local Government Legislator – ANZSCO 111311
- Local Government Legislators represent the interests of people in a constituency as their elected member of a local government authority.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Alderman (Aus)
- Community Board Member (NZ)
Group: 1113 Legislators
- Represent the interests of people in constituencies as elected members of national, state and territory parliaments and local government authorities.
- Developing national, state, territory or local government policy, and formulating, amending and repealing legislation and by-laws
- Helping constituents with a range of problems particularly with regard to matters concerning government and local agencies
- Investigating matters of concern to the public and to particular persons and groups
- Introducing proposals for government action and representing public and electoral interests
- Issuing policy directions to government departments and exercising control over local government authorities
- Attending community functions and meetings of local groups to provide service to the community, gauge public opinion and provide information on government plans
- May serve as a member on parliamentary committees and inquiries
- May present petitions on behalf of concerned groups
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 111311 Local Government Legislator
- 111312 Member of Parliament
- 111399 Legislators nec
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.