Police Officer – ANZSCO 441312
- Maintains public order, and enforces laws by investigating crimes, patrolling public areas and arresting suspected offenders.
- Skill Level
- Bomb Squad Officer
- Mounted Police Officer
- Search and Rescue Officer
- Tactical Response Group Officer
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 4413 Police
- protect and preserve property, public order and safety through the enforcement of laws.
- investigating and prosecuting offences committed in areas such as organised, corporate and computer crime, environmental offences, drug trafficking, fraud, counterfeiting and terrorism
- securing and examining scenes of crimes and accidents to locate and obtain evidence for analysis
- protecting witnesses and investigating official corruption
- maintaining public order and safety
- patrolling assigned areas to minimise potential for public disturbance and crime
- investigating accidents, crimes, minor offences and citizens’ complaints, gathering evidence, and pursuing, arresting and interviewing suspected offenders
- testing persons suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and issuing infringement notices for traffic offences
- directing and re-routing traffic at congested areas
- attending community meetings and answering inquiries from the public where necessary
- providing advice and assistance to victims of crime and their families
- maintaining records and preparing reports
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 441311 Detective
- 441312 Police Officer
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.