Tribunal Member – ANZSCO 271213
- Tribunal Members hear industrial, administrative or other disputes to assist in resolving differences and to arbitrate on issues.
- Skill Level
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal Member
- Industrial Relations Commissioner
- Waitangi Tribunal Member (NZ)
Group: 2712 Judicial and Other Legal Professionals
- Hear legal and other matters in courts and tribunals; interpret, analyse, administer and provide advice on the law; and draft legislation.
- Researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- Conducting trials and hearings
- Calling and questioning witnesses
- Hearing and evaluating arguments and evidence in civil and criminal summary matters
- Deciding penalties and sentences within statutory limits, such as fines, bonds and detention, awarding damages in civil matters, and issuing court orders
- Exercising arbitral powers if resolution is not achieved or seems improbable through conciliation
- Preparing settlement memoranda and obtaining signatures of parties
- Advising government of legal, constitutional and parliamentary matters and drafting bills and attending committee meetings during consideration of bills
- Preparing advice on matters associated with intellectual property rights
- Advising clients and agents on legal and technical matters
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. Judges require appointment by the government or crown and must have been a Magistrate or an experienced legal practitioner of at least seven years standing. Magistrates must have been a legal practitioner of at least five years standing (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 271211 Judge
- 271212 Magistrate
- 271213 Tribunal Member
- 271214 Intellectual Property Lawyer
- 271299 Judicial and Other Legal Professionals nec
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.