Actor – ANZSCO 211111
- Entertains by portraying roles in film, television, radio and stage productions. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- Skill Level
- Mime Artist
- Voice-over Artist
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Actor is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
Potential Visa Pathways for Actor
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 2111 Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers
- Entertain by portraying roles in productions, performing and composing dances, and performing a variety of other acts.
- Reading scripts and undertaking research to gain understanding of parts, themes and characterisations
- Learning lines and cues, rehearsing parts, and applying vocal and movement skills to the development of characterisation
- Preparing for performances through rehearsals under the instruction and guidance of production directors
- Acting parts and portraying roles as developed in rehearsals in film, television, radio and stage productions
- Practising dance routines and interpreting the choreographic content of the production
- Performing dances for audience entertainment, coordinating body movements and facial expression, usually with musical accompaniment
- Composing and notating ballet compositions and other dance routines
- Creating and performing individual performance routines
- Rehearsing, auditioning and travelling between entertainment venues
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 211111 Actor
- 211112 Dancer or Choreographer
- 211113 Entertainer or Variety Artist
- 211199 Actors, Dancers and Other Entertainers nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.