Corporate Treasurer – ANZSCO 221212
- Corporate Treasurer manages corporate funding, liquidity and financial risk associated with the profitable development and operation of an organisation. May be involved in acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Financial Risk Manager
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Corporate Treasurer is Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Institute of Public Accountants Ltd or CPA Australia.
To have a positive skills assessment from Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), you must meet the following criteria:
- For Visa Subclass 485- Graduate Work Stream:
- You must hold an Australian bachelor’s degree or 12 unit Australian master’s degree in accounting or relevant field (business, commerce or economics)
- You must successfully complete mandatory competency areas relevant to your nominated occupation
- IELTS 6 or above in listening, reading, writing or speaking
- For all other visas:
- You must hold an Australian bachelor’s degree or 12 unit Australian master’s degree OR an overseas tertiary and/or professional membership qualification comparable to at least the level of an Australian bachelor’s degree
- You must successfully complete all mandatory competency areas that are relevant to your nominated occupation
- IELTS 7 or above in listening, reading, writing or speaking
- Overseas qualifications: To assess the general education level of overseas tertiary and professional membership qualification, CA ANZ follows the guidelines of the Country Education Profile (CEP),Australian Government, Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
To have a positive skills assessment from Institute of Public Accountants Ltd, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have an Australian Bachelor degree with a major in accounting or relevant field
- Your qualification relating to Corporate Treasurer must cover the following core knowledge areas:
- Basic Accounting, Cost & Management Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Financial Management, Economics, Business Law (including Corporate Law) and Statistics
- English proficiency requirement – IELTS 6.0 across all bands
- You must have a minimum of 12 months professional experience as a qualified accountant
- The employment must be for a minimum of 20 hours per week
- The employment must be undertaken within the last 10 years
To have a positive skills assessment from CPA Australia, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must hold a qualification comparable to the level of Australian bachelor’s degree
- You must complete the mandatory competency areas relevant to Corporate Treasurer:
- Accounting Systems & Processes, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Management Accounting, Finance, Business Law, Economics and Quantitative Methods
- English proficiency requirement – IELTS 7.0 across all bands
Potential Visa Pathways for Corporate Treasurer
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 2212 Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers
- Conduct audits of accounting systems, procedures and financial statements, manage corporate funding and financial risk, and administer and review corporate compliance activities.
- Arranging, giving notice of and attending meetings of directors and shareholders
- Advising organisations’ governing boards on matters concerning compliance with stock exchange listing rules, relevant legislation and corporation practice
- Supervising organisations’ share capital by preparing documents and share issues, and handling share transfers
- Controlling treasury and treasury systems and establishing and reviewing risk management objectives and treasury policies
- Identifying, managing and reporting on financial risks
- Assisting with equity management, debt management, securities and taxation planning issues
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting information on the financial standing, cost structures and trading effectiveness of organisations
- Devising, re-organising and establishing budgetary cost control and other accounting systems such as computer-based systems
- Conducting audits and investigations and preparing financial statements and reports for management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- Evaluating the cost effectiveness and risks of operational processes, activities, policies and systems
- Reporting to management on the existence and effectiveness of the system of internal controls
- Establishing audit objectives, and designing and implementing audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of Corporate Treasurers and Company Secretaries, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 221211 Company Secretary
- 221212 Corporate Treasurer
- 221213 External Auditor
- 221214 Internal Auditor
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.