Engraver – ANZSCO 323311
- Engravers inscribes letters, figures and designs on metal, glass, wood, rubber, plastic and other surfaces.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Engraver is Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have successfully completed an AQF Qualification relating to engraving or formal training that is comparable
- Must possess skills that are current to Australian industry standards demonstrated by 12 months full time employment or equivalent part-time in the occupation in the previous three years
- If you have obtained a qualification internationally or an Australian qualification that was not through the Australian Recognition of Learning process, you are required to demonstrate 3 years full time or equivalent post-qualification experience
- If you have obtained an Australian qualification issued through the Australian Recognition of Learning process, you are required to demonstrate 3 years full-time or equivalent post-qualification experience OR 6 years full-time or equivalent experience which can be either pre- or post-qualification
Potential Visa Pathways for Engraver
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 3233 Precision Metal Trades Workers
- Fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair metal precision instruments.
- Assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- Dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- Inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- Installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- Calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- Making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- Testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- May estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 323311 Engraver
- 323312 Gunsmith
- 323313 Locksmith
- 323314 Precision Instrument Maker and Repairer
- 323315 Saw Doctor
- 323316 Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.