Media Producer (excluding Video) – ANZSCO 212112
- Media Producer plans, administers and reviews activities concerned with publishing, or the production of films, television or radio programs, theatre, music, festivals or other artistic activities.
- Skill Level
- Executive Producer
- Film Producer
- Stage Producer
- Television Producer
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Media producer (excluding Video) is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at Australian Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
Potential Visa pathways for Media Producer
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|212112||Media Producer (excluding Video)||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 2121 Artistic Directors, and Media Producers and Presenters
- Plan, administer and review activities concerned with producing artistic media, determine artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews and introduce music, performances and special events on radio and television.
- Managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- Formulating and developing organisations’ artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations’ artistic programs
- Hiring and managing artistic staff
- Controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- Directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- Introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- Preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- Presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- Researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Artistic Directors and Media Producers (excluding Video) require relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Radio and Television Presenters require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications and experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 212111 Artistic Director
- 212112 Media Producer (excluding Video)
- 212113 Radio Presenter
- 212114 Television Presenter
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.