Sales Representative (Industrial Products) – ANZSCO 225411
- Sales Representative (Industrial Products) represents companies in selling a range of specialised chemicals, machines, manufacturing materials and other industrial supplies.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products) is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- Disciplines relevant to the industrial products represented for sale (e.g. Chemistry, Engineering, Machinery)
Potential Visa Pathways for Sales Representative (Industrial Products)
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|225411||Sales Representative (Industrial Products)||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 2254 Technical Sales Representatives
- Represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
- Compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources
- Acquiring and updating knowledge of employers’ and competitors’ goods and services, and market conditions
- Visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- Assessing customers’ needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
- Monitoring customers’ changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
- Quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- Arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- Reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
- Following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
- Preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 225411 Sales Representative (Industrial Products)
- 225412 Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products)
- 225499 Technical Sales Representatives nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.