Stock and Station Agent – ANZSCO 611112
- Stock and Station Agents provide advice to clients and acts on their behalf in relation to the sale and purchase of rural property, livestock, crops and agricultural products and services. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
Skill Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Stock and Station Agent is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- AQF Certificate IV Qualification in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; or
- AQF Certificate IV Qualification that is not a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; or
- AQF Certificate III Qualification in a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years.
- To achieve a positive skills assessment, the applicant must meet the qualification and employment experience requirements.
Potential Visa Pathways for Stock and Station Agent
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|611112||Stock and Station Agent||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 6111 Auctioneers, and Stock and Station Agents
- Sell property at auction, and advise and represent farmers in business transactions such as buying and selling livestock, rural property, and goods and services.
- Appraising and listing property for auction
- Organising advertising, catalogues and other publicity for auctions
- Consulting vendors and setting reserve prices
- Describing property presented and the conditions of sale
- Asking for or setting opening bids and determining reserve prices
- Accepting bids from potential buyers and closing sales to the highest bidders
- Purchasing and selling livestock and rural property on behalf of clients
- Selling agricultural supplies, such as seed, grains, feed, sprays, dips, drenches and veterinary products, in accordance with statutory requirements
- Acting as an insurance agent for rural clients
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 611111 Auctioneer
- 611112 Stock and Station Agent
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.