Travel Attendants nec – ANZSCO 451799
- Travel Attendants Nec provide services for the safety and comfort of passengers in aircraft, ships and railway sleeping cars.
- Note: This occupation group covers Travel Attendants not elsewhere classified.
- Skill Level
- Marine Steward
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Travel Attendants Nec is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- AQF Certificate IV Qualification in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; or
- AQF Certificate IV Qualification that is not a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; or
- AQF Certificate III Qualification in a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years.
- Highly relevant fields of study include Real Estate and Property Management
- To achieve a positive skills assessment, the applicant must meet the qualification and employment experience requirements.
According to VETASSESS, pre-qualification experience for Operating Theatre Technicians may be considered in a skills assessment if the experience meets the following requirements:
- Three years of relevant employment;
- One year of highly relevant employment performed at the required skill level; and
- The employment experience was gained in the last five years
Potential Visa Pathways for Travel Attendants Nec
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|451799||Travel Attendant Nec||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 4517 Travel Attendants
- Provide services for the safety and comfort of passengers in aircraft, ships and railway sleeping cars.
- Managing safety and emergency procedures and making public announcements
- Coordinating the sale of goods to passengers and completion of any customs and immigration documentation which may be required
- Conducting safety checks and demonstrations of safety equipment and procedures
- Assisting passengers in emergency drills, carrying out emergency procedures, assisting and directing passengers in emergencies
- Checking passengers’ tickets and directing them to seats and cabins
- Tidying aircraft, ship and railway cabins, and receiving and stowing food, equipment and cabin baggage
- Operating galleys, preparing and heating food for passengers, and serving refreshments and meals
- Distributing reading material, pillows, blankets and other amenities for the comfort of passengers
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 451711 Flight Attendant
- 451799 Travel Attendants nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.