Child Care Worker – ANZSCO 421111
- Provides care and supervision for children in programs, such as long day care and occasional care, in childcare centres, hospitals and educational centres. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Child Care Aide
- Child Care Group Leader (Aus) (Skill Level 2)
- Children’s Nursery Assistant
- Creche Attendant
- Early Childhood Worker
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 491 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 491 occupations list (regional)
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
- Skills Assessment Authority: ACECQA
Group: 4211 Child Carers
- provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children’s education and recreational activities
- managing children’s behaviour and guiding children’s social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- supervising the hygiene of children
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 421111 Child Care Worker
- 421112 Family Day Care Worker
- 421113 Nanny
- 421114 Out of School Hours Care Worker
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.