Kennel Hand – ANZSCO 361115
- Provides routine care for dogs, including feeding, exercising, monitoring their health and cleaning kennels.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 491 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 3611 Animal Attendants and Trainers
- train, feed, groom and care for animals.
- teaching animals to obey verbal and non-verbal commands and addressing behavioural problems
- training animals to accept riders and pull vehicles
- training animals to perform in competitions
- bathing, cutting, combing, blow-drying and styling pets’ coats, clipping their nails and cleaning their ears
- inspecting, preparing, cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining comfortable animal cages and enclosures
- transporting food, filling water troughs and feeding animals according to their individual needs
- maintaining animal health records, treating minor injuries and reporting serious conditions to Veterinarians
- exercising and playing with animals, answering visitor questions, and transferring animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them
- dusting and spraying insecticides on animals and immersing them in insecticide baths, to control insect pests
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 361111 Dog Trainer or Handler
- 361112 Horse Trainer
- 361113 Pet Groomer
- 361114 Zookeeper
- 361115 Kennel Hand
- 361199 Animal Attendants and Trainers nec
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.