School Laboratory Technician – ANZSCO 311414
- Prepares experiments and demonstrations, makes up solutions, prepares slides, orders books and equipment, and tidies up laboratories in support of teaching chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences and physical sciences.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 187 – Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 491 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 3114 Science Technicians
- perform tests and experiments, and provide technical support functions to assist with research, design, production and teaching in chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences, and physical sciences.
- preparing materials for experimentation such as freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collecting information and samples
- conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing maps, charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- performing routine mathematical calculations, and computations of measurements
- controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment
- participating in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met
- preparing experiments and demonstrations for science classes
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 311411 Chemistry Technician
- 311412 Earth Science Technician
- 311413 Life Science Technician
- 311414 School Laboratory Technician
- 311415 Hydrographer
- 311499 Science Technicians nec
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.